Police would like to hear from anyone who could help following an unsuccessful burglary attempt at a business in Marlborough on Monday of this week (12 February).
Having achieved Gold in the 2017 Royal Horticultural Society’s ‘South West in Bloom’ competition this year’s Marlborough in Bloom Committee are not going to rest on their laurels.
The weather enjoyed a brief moment of respite earlier this morning (Sunday 11 February) as a new bench overlooking the River Kennet in Coopers Meadow and provided by the Marlborough & District Lions was officially unveiled in glorious sunshine.
Today (February 8) was not the best day for NHS England to have their board meeting: figures were announced showing that January was one of the most difficult months on record for the NHS.
From North, South or attempting to drive through - Marlborough appears to be under siege from gangs of HiViz attired workmen with temporary traffic light systems each causing a hold-up, but together causing mayhem or chaos every evening and afternoon due to the apparent lack planning or co-ordination.
As marlborough.news has reported, The Three Horseshoes at Stibb Green, Burbage has been closed following the move of the landlords to a new pub.
Marlborough area pubs in the news: Queen's Head changes hands - The Barge for sale again - Axford's Red Lion for sale - & more
Marlborough.news has been reporting the comings and goings in the ownership - and sometimes the viability - of some of the pubs in the Marlborough area. 2018 seems to have started with a bundle of pubs seeking new ownership or landlords.
Yet more of the High Street's independent retail sparkle is extinguished - Lighting of Distinction to close after more than thirty yearsLighting of Distinction, with its vast range of lamps and light fittings as well as all things electrical from toasters and kettles to radios and clocks, will close no later than May. Following hard on the heels of East it is the latest casualty in Marlborough’s High Street.
The electrification of the line from Paddington as far as Newbury - but no further - means temporary closures of the line between Pewsey and Theale with train services from and to Pewsey and Bedwyn suspended for various four-day, mid-week periods during the year.
Marlborough.news has learned today (February 8) that Wiltshire Council has asked Scottish and Southern Electricity (SSE) to postpone their road works where the High Street meets New Road.
The latest casualty of tough times on the nation's High Streets is the trendy women's fashion retailer EAST. The firm went into administration two days ago.
More Articles ...
- St John's stages sell-out production of 'Annie'
- Marlborough's warmest January for six years - and with least rain for six years too
- Easing winter pressures: new GWH ward opens its doors to first patients
- REMINDER! Parking charges increase today - first day of February - with more increases to follow in August
- Marlborough's Parade Cinema and Arts Centre gets town councillors' blessing - noise the only worry
- Royal opening for Marlborough St Mary's - welcome Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
- Preshute pupils learn about conservation in their very own rain garden
- St John's Marlborough celebrates Vote 100
- Local author investigates the secret life of Florence Nightingale
- Rose Tremain to open Marlborough LitFest 2018 as its Golding Speaker
- Wiltshire Council Cabinet finally agree to sell public amenity land off Rabley Wood View - local opinion ignored
- More car parking pain on the way - including Sunday and public holiday charges
- George Lane resurfacing: access to car parks, GPs, businesses & homes will be difficult to manage
- Rabley Wood View land sell-off: new amenity area is off-shore and wet
- Wiltshire Council budget 2018-2019: council tax bills to rise by 5.99 per cent
- New bike shop for Marlborough in time for Spring
- Bound for history: volumes of town council's minutes properly archived
- Burbage pub closes while tenants change
- Can you help? Volunteers wanted for Marlborough's Youth Clubs
- Wiltshire Council rules say Marlborough cannot have 'Elsie Knocker Road' - it would have to be plain 'Knocker Road'. 'Are they serious?'
- Town Council hears complaints about behaviour of St John's students in Priory Gardens
- Councillor Lisa Farrell elected as Marlborough's Town Mayor for 2018/2019
- Could Great Bedwyn's former Cross Keys pub become a café and bistro?
- Royal opening for Marlborough St Mary's - Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall to perform the ceremony
- Andrew Nicholson draws a huge crowd to raise money for the Prospect Hospice
- Marlborough launch for new Wiltshire based charity aiming to help young people
- Campaign revived for safer A4 west of the College and more cycle-ways
- Town Council's plea to Wiltshire Council as decision on sale of Rabley Wood View open space nears
- Great Western Hospital's supplier of meals and services - Carillion - has gone into liquidation
- Popular Friendship and Mobility Group receives grant from Friends of Savernake
- Tottenham House could become a family residence again - with £3million annual upkeep costs
- The NHS crisis: GWH A&E consultant joins call to Mrs May for action
- Public Inquiry over College Fields village green application ends - report in six weeks
- Inquiry opens into registering College Fields amenity land as a village green
- Bridge Garage will re-open in February as an Esso filling station
- Great Bedwyn St Mary's historic church organ to be restored following Heritage Lottery Fund award
- Vale of Pewsey archaeology: six thousand year old decoration on chalk blocks from the Cat's Brain dig
- Two local bands to play for free - supporting Home-Start Kennet's thirtieth birthday party
- Marlborough Tesco customers make generous donations to foodbank
- Pluses and minuses: what did 2017 do for Marlborough - from shops to housing and, of course, the school?
- New car park charges: is there more pain to come?
- Catch-up time: Wiltshire Council raises parking charges to make up for several years' inflation
- Summer School 2018 offers health, wealth, lots to make & do, Chris Packham...and some controversy
- Marlborough's weather in 2017: warmer and drier than average
- Will it be a happy seventieth birthday or a wake for Wiltshire's NHS in 2018?
- Queen honours Marlborough resident
- Children’s art competition adds festive cheer to Marlborough’s Mace store
- Could your Christmas presents be stolen? Police ask for information following two Marlborough burglaries
- Carol concert raises bumper funds for Hope and Homes for Children
- Pewsey's Shed Alehouse yet again proves that 'small is beautiful' in Claire Perry's Best Local Pub awards