Marlborough 21 - 12 Banbury
Marlborough made it four wins from four to start their first ever season at level 6 and in terrible wet and windy conditions. As most people know the weather can be bad on the Common and this was certainly one of those occasions. The team like a fast and open running game, but this certainly was not what was faced on Saturday. However, this season the team has certainly meant business and are excited and ready to meet all the challenges.
Why leave the bus diesel engine idling when stopped at a main bus stop for a long time? Turning off is easy
Diesel engines, especially the large ones that power the buses around here do emit plenty of noxious emissions including particulates and nitrogen dioxide, and when left running in a confined location those toxic emissions build up and become a health risk. Transition Marlborough have been campaigning for the past two years for a 'No Idling' sign to be erected outside Lloyds Bank in the High Street and on Monday, 17 September, held a 'No Idling flash-mob' action to highlight this problem.
Two people were arrested in Marlborough yesterday following patrols relating to modern slavery. Officers have been conducting patrols of the High Street over the past day looking out for signs of exploitation. At 5pm yesterday, 18 September, they attended a nail bar on the High Street and located a 17-year-old male acting suspiciously at the premises. Further checks were conducted by officers and it was found that the male was in the country illegally.
He was arrested on suspicion of entering the UK illegally and a 34-year-old woman at the premises was also arrested on suspicion of human trafficking. Both were taken to Melksham custody where they remain for questioning.
Wimborne 21 - 51 Marlborough
Marlborough continued their good start to the season with an impressive performance away to Wimborne. The visitors showed no effects from the long travel to the South coast and started the game well. They were soon on the attack and winning some good ruck ball, a powerful run by Avenai Cakaunitavuki set up another ruck near the Wimborne line, the ball was quickly moved wide by prop Lemeki Moala for Joe Visei to go over in the left hand corner; the conversion was missed.
Rowdeford closure proposal: Marlborough Councillors express unanimous support for parents of children at the threatened school
Councillors expressed genuine concern and unanimous support for the parents of Special Educational Need and Disability (SEND) children who currently attend Rowdeford School just outside Devizes and who would have to travel an extra hour every day were the proposed plans to close Rowdeford (along with two other schools in the County) and replace with one new 'super school' in Trowbridge. See Marlborough meeting discusses Wiltshire Council's options for special schools
More Articles ...
- Marlborough Rugby: Resounding victory against fellow promoted side
- Vietnam War - here Julian Pettifer tells how it was reported & at Marlborough LitFest how historian Max Hastings records its 'epic tragedy'
- Marlborough Rising: Joe Stilgoe closes on Sunday afternoon at The Priory
- Marlborough Rising: Saturday......
- Marlborough Rising Talent: Bright futures await local performers
- Marlborough Is rising: Friday's opening fills the town with music
- UPDATED - Into the unknown - GWH prepares for winter
- Amy Sackville's novel tells how Velázquez achieved his portraits, became painter to Philip IV & his bizarre court - you can hear her at Marlborough LitFest
- Marlborough Rising: they're coming back! Scouting for Girls headline the town's new music festival with their 'happy indie pop'
- Singtastic with Marlborough Community Choir - Vanessa Lafaye’s legacy lives on
- If you go down to Avebury Manor gardens, you're sure of some nice surprises...
- LitFest 2018: Tim Dee on nature writing with a difference: "Gnashing of teeth is important, but poems are too"
- Fun and games at Marlborough Churches Together children’s holiday club
- Weather records: this summer in Marlborough was the second warmest since 1984 - with sunshine aplenty
- Ex-St. John’s student finds rewarding work in earthquake hit Nepal - helping villagers' moves to sustainable farming & new energy sources
- Are Exam Pressures Affecting Young Peoples’ Mental Health? A considered comment from the front line
- How Wiltshire students worked together with young Gambians in Gunjur - Marlborough’s link community
- ‘Wellbeing through nature’ comes to Marlborough and Pewsey
- 1918 - the last year of the 'Great War': Marlborough LitFest guest tells its story in the words of those who fought
- Two hours of free parking for six Fridays welcomed by Marlborough traders
- Bank Holiday warning: watch out for thieves at beauty spots
- The long wait is over – it’s GCSE results day
- Local family support charity's day out: good sunshine, excellent smiles - and the essential volunteers
- Volunteering for The Samaritans: Learn how you can help
- Man arrested in Thames Valley area after fatal accident near Ramsbury
- Grade improvements for St John's 'A' level students in spite of tougher exams
- Pewsey Vale's tourism initiative takes further steps forward in support of the local economy
- Owners to pay penalties for dumping cars at Durley and Burbage
- Mildenhall/Minal/Cunetio: Coins from Britain’s largest Roman hoard on display in a first for Wiltshire Museum
- Two vehicles stolen during break-in at Winterbourne Bassett
- Regulator finds Savernake View Care Home still 'requires improvement'
- Redrow Homes to open show homes at Marleberg Grange development to public
- Making a difference – National Citizen Service students give Coombe End Court garden a face-lift
- Programme announced: a true international flavour for seventh season of recitals by young musicians at St Peter's Church
- Savernake Forest poachers: a true tale from the past of a crooked informant & how a miscarriage of justice was overturned
- Marlborough Rising: tickets now available, website live and new office open...
- Will we look back at July 2018 and remember it had just one day without sunshine?
- Oxenwood & Braeside: outdoor education sites put on the market
- Taking the stress out of divorce – a new business gives a helping hand
- Do you know this man? Police want to speak to him re. Honeystreet burglary
- The 'Ride 100' experience - in Mark's own words.....
- Happy Birthday – The White Horse Bookshop celebrates 75 years!
- Marlborough Academy of Dance and Drama students give sell-out performance at the Wyvern
- Town Council marks retirement of two school leaders
- Plastics Recycling: As from Monday, what you thought could be recycled probably can!
- Marlborough Cricket Club’s Under 11’s are unbeaten
- Poaching: arrests in Wiltshire triple since launch of police's Operation Artemis
- Marlborough Tennis to get money from town's Community Infrastructure Levy revenues
- New Greatwood scheme addresses trauma effects in members of forces, emergency services & their families
- Police and Crime Commissioner faces tough questions from town councillors