Over fifty students in Years 7 to 12 are participating in the St John’s Academy production of ‘Romeo and Juliet’. The play will be performed at 6 pm on Tuesday 9 July, Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11.
Crowds flocked to St. Mary’s School Summer Exhibition held after school on Wednesday, July 10. Parents, grandparents, friends, pupils and their siblings admired the colourful art and craft work on display throughout the school.
Marlborough Youth Football Club have managed to arrange the installation of a second public access defibrillator, this time at the Marlborough Bowls Club with help from Tesco, courtesy of their 'Blue Token' scheme and the Bowls Club.
This is a reminder to our readers that tickets for the tenth anniversary Marlborough LitFest go on sale later this week - on Thursday, 11 July 2019.
Marlborough's new Police facility - a 'touch down point' - will be operational as from late September / early October. Wiltshire & Swindon Police and Crime Commissioner, Angus Macpherson has received change of use consent for the premises which was previously Marlborough's Sure Start Centre, closed by Wiltshire Council just over three years ago.
More Articles ...
- Waitrose green token scheme gives a boost to Manton Community Outdoors
- St John's students from Chiseldon left 'high and dry' - does this herald a new schools policy?
- Marlborough archaeologist's new book delves into a million years of our history - where does Marlborough fit in?
- A window into Europe opens as a new school of languages sets up in Marlborough
- Pewsey Vale School's art project linking them with a Danish school introduces us to eTwinning
- St John's year 8 students get a peek into the life of an English Civil War soldier on the playing fields of Granham Hill
- 'Fogg's Bogs' formally declared open by Mayor Mervyn Hall
- Living history – Marlborough’s Civil War re-enactment weekend
- Crowds revel in sunshine and music at sell-out MantonFest - "a big and perfect party"
- Marlborough's dour June: the month was wetter than average, mainly cooler & with high evaporation
- Cuts to a Wiltshire bus service affect school students beyond the county border
- Friday night is belly dancing night for Mayor
- Wagon Yard artists prepare for Marlborough Open Studios 2019
- It's arrived! Marlborough LitFest's 10th brochure is published - with a special cover by Chris Riddell
- St. John’s Academy celebrates student success in national competitions
- Claire Perry's Monthly Column - July '19
- Triple sporting success for Great Bedwyn School in Wiltshire schools’ mini marathon
- Marlborough Chamber outlines ambition for dementia-friendly town - and appoints new President
- Marlborough Rugby Club's unused playing kit reaches Tonga, courtesy of head coach Elisi Vunipola
- Relief for all in sight as Town Hall toilet opening date announced
- Roll up, rollup to the fundraising circus in Aldbourne
- Merger process begins for Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Chilton Foliat Primary School’s million dreams come true as summer fete raises bumper funds
- Oare Primary's youngest class leads the way towards cutting out plastic waste
- Marlborough golfers swing into action and raise £1000 for Julia’s House
- 600+ signatories demand crossing for the High Street as residents petition the Town Council
- Success of Marlborough Youth Football Club leads chairman to appeal for volunteers
- The prize-winning book 'Wilding' tells the uplifting story of how nature can restore itself
- Fight is on to save Baydon’s historic but crumbling church
- Terrible weather fails to dilute the varied music styles at the Avebury Rocks Festival
- MantonFest this Saturday (29 June) with Mercury (Queen's top tribute band), T.Rextasy and The Troggs heading the bill
- 'bric-a-brac' stall this Saturday to raise funds for Marlborough in Bloom
- Game, Set and Match! Tennis equipment triumph for Pewsey Primary
- Jazz Fest might be gone but Lil' Jimmy Reed is back - at the Town Hall on 2 August
- Free coach transport to Armed Forces Day in Salisbury - 29 June
- County Lines Gang Jailed - including men from Marlborough & Burbage
- St. John’s Academy leads the way in tackling climate change
- Budding journalists at Preshute School learn about Marlborough.news
- Cubs complete challenges at a county activity day at St John's
- Private water supplies: do all households realise the possible danger of nitrate pollution?
- Burglaries at Marlborough coffee shop & jewellers
- ‘Marlborough at War with the King’ – a new book reveals town’s pivotal role in the English Civil War
- John Ruskin's bicentenary: Marlborough conference seeks people to host speakers & visitors
- Registration open for July's Savernake 10k & 3k fun run
- Summer Fair extravaganza raises bumper funds for Kennet Valley School
- Photographs by local wildlife photographer David White to be exhibited in a London gallery
- Well done Claire! Commitment to Zero Carbon Emissions by 2050
- Our changing NHS: how would you shape the future of your local health services?
- Fitting ceremony marks the completion of Ramsbury Airfield project
- She won the world's toughest, longest horse race - and has written a compelling account of her extraordinary victory