Marlborough 13 - 17 Banbury
On Saturday, Marlborough hosted league leaders Banbury on the Common and the hope was that the home side could upset Banbury’s stranglehold on the league. With the sounds of screams from the ride goers echoing up from the Mop on the High Street, the game began.
St Peter's Church recitals return for a new series - with pianist Yulia Chaplina playing an all Russian programme
The eighth series of recitals at St Peter's Church under the Brilliant Young International Musicians banner begins on Sunday, October 20 with a recital by the Russian-born and now London-based pianist Yulia Chaplina.
Farming leaders in the South West say they feel let down and betrayed by the region’s MPs, who have not done enough to back the agricultural industry in the run-up to Brexit.
It was prizes all round for Marlborough at the South West in Bloom (SWiB) awards ceremony in Newquay (Friday, October 11) - including the Gold Award for the town.
'Four Million Footsteps' - the story of Bruce Tulloh's epic run across America to be reprinted on 50th anniversary
Fifty years ago running legend Bruce Tulloh completed his record-breaking 2,876‑mile run across America in just under 65 days. To celebrate this outstanding achievement his family are re-publishing his long out-of-print book, 'Four Million Footsteps' (often described as “the greatest running book of all time”), which chronicled his amazing transcontinental adventure.
The consequences of the sudden decision by Wiltshire Council not to subsidise the early morning Stagecoach 80 bus service from Swindon to St John's Academy caused a bit of a flurry at the Council and made some parents very cross.
More Articles ...
- Celebrating 100 years of Wiltshire libraries with exhibitions and competitions
- GWH is prepared for Brexit - whether it's an in-patient Brexit or an out-patient Brexit
- Free Friday morning 'Pre-Mop Closure' parking on the High Street
- Marlborough Rugby juniors can now train later thanks to grant for new floodlights
- The Who'd A reawakens: Lockeridge pub to reopen on Monday 7 October
- Stimulating new opportunities for Burbage children
- Pets take over from Cars as Pets Corner opens in the former 'Now' Vauxhall showrooms
- Hilliers: A new arrival on Marlborough’s restaurant scene
- Marlborough Rugby: Close run and gritty victory over Wimborne helped by Marlborough players who have risen through the ranks
- September's weather shut the door firmly on summer - with heavy rainfall in the Marlborough area
- Marlborough RFC officially thanks Ramsbury Brewery for their renovation of the Clubhouse bar
- Slow Extinction Rebellion 'funeral march' highlights the speed of impending climate doom
- Three Clinical Commissioning Groups agree to merge - though Wiltshire GPs were not quite so keen
- Marlborough's new Police 'Touch Down Point' in George Lane Car Park officially opens
- St Francis pupils meet bestselling author David Baddiel
- Something is brewing in Kingsbury Street!
- Marlborough LitFest 2019: our diarist catches two of Sunday's major events - from kitten heels to a long and emotional walk
- Marlborough LitFest 2019 Diary - a personal choice of events on Saturday: history (double lesson), publishing and crime
- The tenth Marlborough LitFest - a personal diary of events and people: 1: Thursday & Friday
- Opening Day of Marlborough’s LitFest: Big School Read with Geraldine McCaughrean
- Exhibition at Marlborough’s LitFest raises awareness of the work of Save the Children in its centenary year
- Tenth Marlborough LitFest launched with dancing school children dressed as their favourite characters
- Rabley Wood developer GreenSquare called to clarify 'confusion' over amended plans
- Chilton Foliat Primary School pupils become mini life-savers
- Welcome arrival in the Vale of Pewsey: new artist's studio inspired by those of Victorian portrait painters
- £9,000 - the price of democracy: the cost of electing a new replacement Councillor
- Marlborough Rugby: Marlborough bounce back with emphatic victory over Trowbridge
- Children's LitFest: million-selling children's author David Baddiel answers questions from a young fan
- Savenake View celebrate third anniversary in style with a visit from robed Mayor and Town Crier
- "Drumming has helped me through Aspergers" says SMS Grade 8 graduate Harry Wise
- Claire Perry O'Neill: Brexit and her next step
- New classroom for Chilton Foliat Primary School's Year Five and Six pupils
- The Crown in The Parade - a new home for Dan’s restaurant
- Anna Victorious – the Atlantic Challenge rowing team raising money for cancer charity
- Seasalt saves solitary bees on Marlborough’s bee road
- Marlborough Weather - August and the Summer
- Avebury Manor turns Art Gallery as the fourth Sculpture Exhibition launches
- Marlborough Rugby: Weakened Marlborough slip up away to Sherborne
- Marlborough’s LitFest celebrates ten years with a special children’s competition
- The mystical hare in the ancient Wiltshire landscape…a new treasure hunt book
- Claire Perry MP not to stand at next election
- Marlborough Rugby: Marlborough start the new season off with a flyer against Salisbury
- While the NHS waits for the promised extra money, GWH is facing a significant overspend
- Cressida Cowell - children's author, new Children's Laureate, old Marlburian - is coming to LitFest with her very new book
- Lottery win for Lockeridge as the Kennet Valley Hall gets a new roof
- From lilies to lotus…midlife volunteering in Cambodia
- St John’s Academy announces Marlborough’s first UN Climate Change Teacher
- New Rabley Wood View housing: final details of development still awaited
- Bishop of Salisbury joins the plea that “all voices in the Brexit debate be heard”
- Packaging Not Included supports Zero Waste Week